ELDER CONNOR CARPENTER


Full Time Missionary for the
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mission: PORTO ALEGRE NORTH / Country: BRAZIL
Language: PORTUGUESE
Called on: APRIL 17, 2009
Departed on: AUGUST 25, 2009
Estimated Return Date: AUGUST 18, 2011

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 - Letter Home

All you got!


(talent show, other church, inglish class, junior, eloisa, teachin in another school, more bonfires, coookies)

Hey Fam! What a week! So awesome to get a bunch of photos from Lyns in her graduation! So awesome that it finally happened! I hope she has an awesome graduation trip and vacation in Hawaii! Man, it's really hard to be away from all these important events. Congrats Lyns!

So this week went really fast. Me and Elder Persinger are becoming better and better friends and we are working harder and harder: I've finally got this fire inside of me lit to just give all I got until the end, and it's pretty awesome just to try and give it all up for the Lord and in love for the people. I've got to change this area! It's gotta become a ward! They need so much for it all to grow! Why has it taken me so long to get this kind of fire and faith? I wish that I could've had this kind of motivation since the beginning. 

No fear, no stress, no doubt, just doing all you can do without the idea of actually getting anything back from it. That may have been the best lesson I've learned: the work is it's own reward, and while you should believe that huge miracles are around the corner, you should not let any setbacks get you down, because those big miracles... it's just one corner away. I'm becoming more and more grateful, even when there're setbacks, to get to know Christ and get to share some of the feelings that He had for the people. I want SO much to just keep going like He did, until the very end. It's a really big commitment, but once we make it, everything just works out right. I still have a lot to work on, but I'm feeling very good about myself, about the work, and about my mission. What a great blessing to have this time in my life! There is so much happiness to spread. :)

This week we participated in a talent show of the ward and got 5 investigators there, and we did a skit where we all dressed up gangster and had a rap battle with some other members but with all the words taken from Primary hymns, and with Elder Persinger beatboxing,. Hehehe, it was kind of a last minute thing but I think it all worked out all right. People laughed. :)

They've released cookie mix at our local supermarket and we're going crazy making cookies for everyone! One reason is that nobody knows what they are and everyone likes them, and so we're trying to buy out ALL the cookie mix the supermarket has so nobody else makes our same discovery. Exclusivity! It's fun to bake... Hmm.

We had a great success in our English class, getting 12 investigators there, and having some really fun English activities, like playing UNO while reciting numbers and colors and playing Head Shoulders Knees and Toes... I wish we could get as many people to church as to our other activities! This week we invited EVERYONE and followed up on EVERYONE to go to church... and no one came. Everybody slept in they said. 

Man! Now I know a little bit of how God must feel when we repeatedly don't keep His commandments even after His many many invites and His many blessings He gives to us. Sheesh. But the battle goes on... B)

We're making Bonfires, fun. We're gonna teach in a school here and get a BUNCH of references. We're gonna play soccer this week from the kids we challenged last week, and we started to teach one of them.

Anyway, business as usual and not that much to relate. Sorry! But I know that big things are coming, because everybody is needing some success here in this area. More love, more faith, more courage, more discipline, more sacrifice... this is how we'll win this war.

Love you guys. :) Can't wait to rip it up in Cali and convert all of Santa Monica! I want to be a missionary forever!

Okay, I'm rushed, sorry. I love you, have a good week, thank you for all the great e-mails. :)

Elder Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment