ELDER CONNOR CARPENTER


Full Time Missionary for the
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mission: PORTO ALEGRE NORTH / Country: BRAZIL
Language: PORTUGUESE
Called on: APRIL 17, 2009
Departed on: AUGUST 25, 2009
Estimated Return Date: AUGUST 18, 2011

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 6, 2010 - Letter Home


The news about Will's cancer got to me, but I know that the matter is in the Lord´s hands and that if we have faith and ask of the Lord, the right thing will happen. There is a reason that this is happening.


Mom, I miss you and Dad and all my family so very much and had many reasons to do so this week. Not because this week was hard, but because I was very well received here, have been feeling very much love, and am remembering how good it feels to be with my family. It's good to write to you.


Sorry that I haven't been able to write very much. Today also I only have very little time to write. I gotta go in 10 minutes because a member is taking us to see the central park of Porto Alegre where there'll be fireworks at sunset (cool!).

This week has been awesome. I wish I could describe all the cool things that have happened. After being sad and a bit tired after my time in Marau, I was received into this awesome ward of Elizabete. There were a surprising amount of baptisms last transfer in this area, a lot of the success due to a previous Elder here that was apparently amazing. I arrived into a ward fully trusting of the missionaries and excited by missionary work, and I suddenly got happy and excited to work as well and know we're just going and it's just getting better! 


I wasn't sure how I felt getting a new companion, but as I've got to know Elder Malheiros more, I am realizing that he could easily be my favoritest companion yet. We are really grooving together, want the same things, and are working to get there. 

This last week we went with our positive attitude and my excitement of the area and now have 17 new investigators and 3 people which we found this week marked for baptism. We are aiming for more. We can feel that this area is just ripe for the work and we want to give it our all to harvest all the seeds that have been sown here by the many who have come before us. A recent convert, Vincent, has become a really good friend and helps us out in the work almost daily. He is (trying) to teach me how to play the guitar. (Who knows?)

Anyway, so many more details, but I gotta go. Hopefully next week I can get in a video and more info! But I am loving my time here and thanking Heavenly Father for letting me enjoy a really awesome area for a little while. Hope I stay here for a long time!

Okay, fireworks to watch! Love you guys! I am praying for you! Keep working hard and doing what is right!

Love love love,

Connor


 

No comments:

Post a Comment