ELDER CONNOR CARPENTER


Full Time Missionary for the
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mission: PORTO ALEGRE NORTH / Country: BRAZIL
Language: PORTUGUESE
Called on: APRIL 17, 2009
Departed on: AUGUST 25, 2009
Estimated Return Date: AUGUST 18, 2011

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 7, 2010 - Letter Home

Seeds



É ai tchê! Hello everyone. Here again. Has it seriously been another week already? I feel like I'm writing you guys every other day now. This week went well. We managed to get our energy back, cut a lot of the non-progressing investigators, and went out to knocking a bunch of doors. 




We found a couple cool families! It's a really big energy-boost to see new people progressing. This week we had the Christmas Conference, which is a zone conference which happens at Christmas time where we got together with 4 zones of the mission! This means I got to see a bunch of good friends from whom I had been separated for a time. 




We got a visit from Area Presidency Seventy, Elder Asconavieta, who gave a very inspiring talk and talked alot about the effect our missions have on the rest of our lives and the rest of the lives of the people we teach... AFTER we have left the field. The seeds we plant now may seem small, but we will see them grow and multiply as the years go by. That's a good thing to remember in our families too. Missionaries aren't the only ones throwing seeds around. Anyway, we had an excellent lunch, and received a very nice pocket Bible from President and Sister. 

I was excited to get a package or letters but they didn't come! Droga. Oh well. Patience.

Sunday was really great. Cristielle had been going through a lot of problems with work and finding a place to live, and the ward has completely come around to help her find work and find housing and just be supportive in every way. Cristielle got up at testimony meeting and gave an awesome testimony, just saying that she had been in the dark for so long, without any kind of family, and that she finally had found that home that she was looking for. I'm so happy for her. 
:) 
Her testimony really lifted me up.

Thanks so much for all the photos! What great presents! I can't wait to get through my last Christmas in Brazil! I hope that I'm not transferred to another area soon, so I can celebrate with everyone here. I am also super excited for my package. 



Anyway, we had to use a different internet cafe today and it's blistering hot in here, and we're wanting to get out and under a fan with some Gaurana. I love you guys! Thank you everyone for remembering me here and helping me have a good Christmas. I hope the things I send can get there in time...


I love you all soooo much! I am so thankful for all of you! Thank you!

Until next week,

Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment