ELDER CONNOR CARPENTER


Full Time Missionary for the
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mission: PORTO ALEGRE NORTH / Country: BRAZIL
Language: PORTUGUESE
Called on: APRIL 17, 2009
Departed on: AUGUST 25, 2009
Estimated Return Date: AUGUST 18, 2011

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010 - Letters Home

"Gettin through a hard clog"...

E ai familia! Wassup everyone,

Another week come and gone, and it's Pday again! This week went fast because me and Elder Ribeiro are really running all around our area looking to keep our awesome investigators intact and progressing and being taught until the 23rd. I've gotten to the point where it's  really all I can think about, "How's Dylan feeling about baptism?" "Did Roberto understand the Plan of Salvation right?" "Is Cristielle reading the Book of Mormon" We're really doing all we can to help these people come closer to Christ and prepare for baptism. We're also stressing ourselves silly and fasting and praying like crazy that nothing out of the ordinary happens to distract them from the date we've set for them and also to find a sixth person to be baptized. It will happen. We just have to believe! Ask, and you shall receive.


(Elder Ribeiro stole my camera and started filming while we were waiting for a wedding to start!)



It was cool to have Mom tell me she was chatting with Pamela the other day over Facebook. Wild. I baptized her when I was here in Porto Alegre before and I'm so proud of her and how firm she is! She's turning into quite a missionary and we are going to baptize her friend Dylan on the 23rd. Sunday we spent all day at her house trying to help her and her mom unclog their kitchen sink after a brief chimarrao incident that may or may not have been my fault. Whoops! It got dark so we gave up, but only after flooding their kitchen and breaking a pvc pipe and getting ourselves dirty. We laughed it off after, and Pamela's mom called a plumber the next day. Hehe.

But I must have bad luck; I went to make chimarrao today and OUR kitchen sink clogged up, and now we're gonna have to dig a hole in our kitchen floor to find the pipe and fix it (ends up it broke internally, NOTHING to do with chimarrao! it was just a coincidence, I tell ya!) But you learn new things every day, and I'm learning a bit how to fix clogs with everyday objects like hoses and hangers and using boiling water or  boiling coca cola to pour into the pipes to unclog them
(says my companion but we didn't try it). No way would I waste Coca Cola to make our kitchen sink work again!

The mission will have a special Christmas zone conference here in a month, and they asked for 3 funny photos from every companionship. Included are our entries! (Actually, we will send the armadillo photo as one of the 3).



Monkeys in Brazil
Hanging around1
Hangin around too

I love the news about the San Fran office! Ba, chique demais! So so cool! I want to be there with you all at this exciting time. So great to know there'll be alot of room to grow the company there. I can't wait to hang out at the office with you guys when I get back. (That'll be fine, right?)

I'm downloading all the conference talks I missed at General Conference, and that'll make up my personal study time for the next week. I'm excited!

Natalie sent me a huge letter in pretty pink paper. I loved it! So cool to hear from the outside world, especially the college world. I'll admit, it made me a little trunky to be thinking about college again but it was worth it! Thanks Nat!




Ping Pong Masters

Mom, no packages or anything from you guys STILL! This is madness! My companions have received 2 packages in the time I've been waiting for mine!

Next Pday I am hoping to go to the temple! I love the temple! I am SO SO excited!

I love you guys alot, be praying for my investigators to receive answers to their prayers and be ready for baptism! It will work!

Have a good week everybody. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment