ELDER CONNOR CARPENTER


Full Time Missionary for the
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mission: PORTO ALEGRE NORTH / Country: BRAZIL
Language: PORTUGUESE
Called on: APRIL 17, 2009
Departed on: AUGUST 25, 2009
Estimated Return Date: AUGUST 18, 2011

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 20, 2010 - Letter Home

The Cat is Out!

 Hey ma families! So I still don’t know anything about transfers, because we’ll be learning that info tomorrow, but I do know that me and Elder Simmons are leaving Rio Pardo *tear* because the área is being Sister-ized! Again! It’s my second area in a row to do that! Crazy! The sisters are following in my wake I guess. 
I also got the notice that I will be transferred within my zone, so there’s a big probability that I will return to my old area, Elizabeth, and open that area up for Elders again. Strangeness.  I will be really excited if that happens because I left a lot of friends and it was pretty teary and I think they would all love to see me :).

So this week we were a little depressed at the beginning after the news that the area probably would close and the fact that after working crazily the whole transfer we hadn’t gotten anybody to church, but we pulled ourselves up by the bootstraps and really tried to do our best and had a lot of great visits with our investigators and we got 7 people in church this week! A member family brought 2 family members that weren’t members who want to be taught by the missionaries, and we managed to bring Dilson and Lecí, a couple, and Rosalia and her daughter, Aline, and Douglas, Aline´s boyfriend to church. It was really great. I thought of Brendon’s e-mail when people started throwing us thumbs-up signs. I felt nice when that happened. :)

Anyway, we were supposed to keep our news about being transferred in the bag until the sisters came, but I wanted to do something special for my last Sunday in the awesome branch of Rio Pardo, so I asked President to let us bear our testimonies at the end of the meeting. Unfortunately… right at the end was a primary presentation of all of the kids in the ward wearing missionary nametags and singing “We are as the Armies of Helaman”, and then President asked me to come up to the pulpit and it was too much, I pretty muched bawled up there in front of everyone, and so did Elder Simmons and… let’s just say it was pretty clear we were getting transferred and we were saying our goodbyes. Sorry President! We tried!


I’m pretty excited for today because here in an hour we’re going to go to lunch with the President of the branch, Rogerio, and a bunch of other families to see us off. And then tonight…. we’re going to another dinner with a bunch of families to see us off. This branch is so awesome.


 I did receive an awesome jerky-filled card last Thursday! You guys are so great to me! Brazilians love jerky so I'm going to wait until I can give it to someone special. But the butter rum candies were devoured and enjoyed. :) 

Anyway, I had a bunch of photos but forgot the camera cable! Doh! So it’ll have to wait until next week when I’ll be able to tell you the transfer news!
Love you guys!
Con

No comments:

Post a Comment