ELDER CONNOR CARPENTER


Full Time Missionary for the
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Mission: PORTO ALEGRE NORTH / Country: BRAZIL
Language: PORTUGUESE
Called on: APRIL 17, 2009
Departed on: AUGUST 25, 2009
Estimated Return Date: AUGUST 18, 2011

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

August 17, 2010 - Letter Home


Me and Bomberman!

The Man of the Mountain!

Hey Family!
So awesome to get to hear from all of you this week! I just love seeing my inbox full at the end of a hard week. So let’s get to the news…

Ends up that Sister missionaries are to blame in Elder Malheiros and I being transferred out of the area. The sisters were having problems in another area so they were moved closer to president. That’s okay. Our last two baptisms were young women, so I am hoping the Sisters will be able to make friendships quickly and get to know them and meet all of their friends to keep the work going in that area. I just feel a bit bad because Elder Malheiros and I absolutely had no time to clean up after ourselves because we both went crazy packing for transfers and so we left the Sisters to find a huge surprise when they entered the house. Hehehe, yep.
  (sorry girls!)

CTM Comps 4 Ever - Elder Feller and I


So I turned Senior. I am in a little city called Rio Pardo (Brown River), about 3 hours from Porto Alegre, right on the border of the mission. My companion, Elder Simmons, is obviously American, from St. George, Utah, and has 3 months in the field here. I’m his second companion, which in mission terms means I’m his stepdad, so I have a brand new step-child every body! Yay! He has slightly reddish hair so I call him my red-headed stepchild. I’m making sure to be really mean to him but it’s kind of like in a Football coach way where on the inside I just want him to be stronger. 

Hehe, just-kidding, we’re good friends already and it’s cool to have someone with you who understands The Office and Saturday Night Live references. 
It’s cool because I finally get to be the senior missionary that I always wanted to be. I am just trying to be super obedient and diligent and trying to teach Elder Simmons everything that I know. I just hope he doesn’t get discouraged or anything at it being hard or too much. His last companion was American and talked a lot of English with him, so I tried to arrive and speak only Portuguese, but I think that might be a little too much so I’m just going slow.


Meu Entediado! (My Stepson!)

I am loving the members here and actually the leaders here are awesome and are excited about the work. Cool!

Anyway, I had to write some letters to some of the people I baptized this week, so I hope this and some photos and some videos are good for this week. 



I super appreciate all of your letters, and even every single detail just helps me feel closer to you guys and knowing you guys are all alive. It’s super awesome that me and Brendon have passed the middle point of the mission, and while it’s still going to seem like a long time until the end starts being apparent, I hope we can all just be working hard on our own ends, stay firm, and achieve what we want out of this next year.

I love you guys so much, more words coming next week, I promise!

Love love love you guys até carûmba! (a lot!)

Elder C. Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment